The following hiking guide(PDF) can be downloaded.
For details on Unzen hiking,refer to the 「Unzen Mountain Information Center」Unzen, Obama-cho, Unzen-city, Nagasaki, Japan 854-0621Open 9:00〜17：00 Every Thursday Closed
Request to all hikers For safe hiking and the protection of the environment, please obey the following rules.
- Protect plants and animals
The collection of all flowers, plants (including fruit, fallen leaves and branches), and capture of insects, birds, and animals is prohibited.
Additionally, the collection of soil, stones, and rocks is prohibited as well.
- Have sufficient equipment and preparation
- The hiking route is rugged, and weather conditions can change often on this mountain.
Careless hiking can lead to accidents.
- Please take home your trash.
- Empty cans, paper, your trash, and other people's trash, please take it all home.
- Camping is prohibited
- Camping is prohibited. Furthermore, to protect birds and animals, please refrain from making loud noises such as with radios and loud voices etc.
- Open fires are prohibited
Open fires and littering cigarettes are prohibited.
Please take home your cigarette butts.